Sunday, July 22, 2007

Wedding

We went to my cousin Trisha's wedding on 7/21. She is the daughter of my first cousin, Janice. Needless to say we had a great time! Everything was beautiful---simple but elegant . Trisha looked so beautiful and radiant. Much applause for the awesome cookie tray : )

On the morning of 7/21, I took Emily and Caitlin to get their hair done for the wedding. We had so much fun. Emily had an "updo" and Caitlin had her hair in a fancy ponytail. I tried to put some fancy clips in Michaela's hair, but she is at the age where she just rips everything out! I went to the church with my Mom, Emily and Caitlin. Rodney and I decided it was best for him to stay with Michaela at my Mom's house and then take us all to the reception since Michaela wouldn't be able to make it through the mass/ceremony. I was worried that Caitlin was going to melt down during the wedding. When we got seated in church Caitlin was mad that there were no cookies or cake there since I had told her earlier that we would have cookies and cake at the wedding---I meant the reception---she thought it meant at the ACTUAL wedding in church LOL. She started crying when the bridesmaids were walking out because she wanted her cake and cookies. UGH. Luckily I had an old necklace and a booklet in my purse for her to play with so she eventually was able to make it through the whole mass/ceremony.

Emily, Caitlin and Michaela enjoyed the reception. They all got their fill of cookies--especially Caitlin! They also danced for most of the time after dinner. Michaela was the wild child dancer! She was even dancing with people on the floor who she didn't know---pretty brave for a 23 month old!

We've had too many funerals over the last 5 or so years so it was so nice for all of us on the Giacomo (my Mom's) side of the family to have a happy occasion for a get-together. Aunts Norma, Lucille, Arlene and of course my Mom looked beautiful and enjoyed themselves immensely.

No comments: