--a title of a Jimmy Buffett song........
So....in a few weeks I say goodbye to my 30s. Good riddance in a some ways since there were times and events that were well...very forgettable. It stinks to get older. I can't really say that I am looking forward to my 40s, but alas, I have no choice so I might as well accept this with a good attitude. : )
My greatest times from 98-until now were the births of my girls...my early birds I call them: Emily 6/14/99 5 AM; Caitlin 9/25/02 4:28 AM and Michaela 8/1/05 3:50 AM. They are still early birds because THEY NEVER SLEEP IN!!!!!
I've also learned some lessons and refined some philosophies of life this decade:
1. No matter how hard you work and how wonderful a job you do, it's never good enough for some people
2. There is no set time span to mourn the loss of a loved one
3. Love won't conquer all and, to quote a song, "sometimes love just ain't enough"
4. Expect a backlash when you stand up for the truth and do what's right
5. You actually do forget the pain of childbirth after the birth of a child!
6. Adversity separates your true friends from the fair weather ones
7. Weight is hard to take off in your 30s.
8. It's good to take time to pray in solitude
9. Sometimes you have to perform precision military strategies and maneuvers to escape your kids so that you can go somewhere by yourself
10. Working mother's guilt is a very real thing, but can be managed
11. I don't have ADD, I just multi-task too much
12. There are many people who are incapable of ever showing sympathy and empathy
13. Evil in the world is real and reveals itself when you least expect it
14. Keeping your sense of wonder will help you stay young
15. You will pull hamstrings and hamstring tendons after age 29 if you're not careful
16. Falling asleep with your child/children in your arms can wipe out the effects of a rotten day
17. My job is not my life nor does it define me as a person
18. Never hold a grudge, it's not worth it in the end
19. Loving unconditionally is hard at times
20. I treasure my first morning coffee
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment