Rodney and I and another parent, Randy are coaching Emily's 3rd and 4th grade team at Butler Catholic. Things have been pretty fun so far. We do have a lot of work ahead of us since many of the girls have never played the game before. During our first game, we realized when the ref. came out to do the opening jump ball that we had never taught them about doing an opening jump ball...oops!
Our biggest challenge is teaching them the offense part of the game and also the rules of the game. We're hoping that with each game they play that the rules of the game will begin to set in.
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that is sooo adorable that you both are doing that together! Did you come to Carrie's game when she was about the same age? I can still remember she was more interested in something on the floor than the game itself - to this day I still don't think she can make a basket! :)
I loved your list - especially the things about your kids... precious word picture of falling asleep with your kids in your arms.. so sweet!
Yes, I remember going to Carrie--The Key's games at the Y. How funny. I can't believe she is a grown up now!!!
It was very wonderful that your parents opened up their hearts and home to us girls. We had so many good times at your place. The Bible studies were extra special.
Remember getting pizzas from Bi-Hi?
oh my gosh, I had totally forgotten about the Bi-Hi!
You make me laugh.. I miss you!
Post a Comment