Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas Photos

Christmas Morning

Christmas Eve Play

Christmas Eve:

  • We had the St. Michael's Christmas play at 3 PM and Christmas Eve mass at 4. Emily and Caitlin were in the play--Michaela was too young although she said she could have been a sheep. Caitlin was an angel. Emily was a shepherd (although with her brown head piece she looked at times like a Carmelite nun.)

  • Michaela survived being at church for over 2 hours--a Christmas Eve miracle for sure.

  • Our Mothers were both sick with sinus issues so we had no Christmas Eve get together with them. Rodney and I were also recovering from that same sickness which knocked us down for about a week.

  • On our way back from mass nobody felt hungry for my fish dishes I was going to cook, so I decided to start a new tradition since everyone said they wanted pancakes and bacon: The First Annual Peratt Pancakes and Bacon Breakfast for Dinner on Christmas Eve!

Christmas Day:

  • The girls were up at 6:15 AM!!! Emily was up first and scared the bageebers out of Caitlin and Michaela when she pounced on them to get them up!

  • We had our traditional warm cinnamon rolls, bacon and homemade hot chocolate for breakfast. We ate and drank as we watched the Christmas Story on TV
  • Rodney's mom was too sick to cook for or be at a Christmas dinner and we already had plans to see my Mom, sister and her family Christmas night, so I made homemade beef vegetable soup for lunch.

  • I was bummed about not having dinner with everyone and such, however I really, really enjoyed just being with the hubby and kids---no rushing here or there. We stayed in jammies until lunch time. The girls helped me cook on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We really had a lot of fun!

  • We enjoyed being with my Mom and family Christmas night. My Mom was so much healthier for this Christmas



No comments: