Thursday, August 16, 2007

In a Reflective Mood...

I love to read and reflect about what I have read. Many items that I like to read are inspirational. I read them mainly because I constantly aspire to be a better person in all aspects of my life--wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, teacher etc. I plan to share a lot of what I read as I continue this blog.

Prayers:

A MORNING PRAYER WRITTEN BY ST. THERESE (St. Therese of Liseux- one of my favorite Saints)
O my God! I offer Thee all my actions of this day for the intentions and for the glory of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
I desire to sanctify every beat of my heart, my every thought, my simplest works, by uniting them to Its infinite merits; and I wish to make reparation for my sins by casting them into the furnace of Its Merciful Love.
O my God! I ask of Thee for myself and for those whom I hold dear, the grace to fulfill perfectly Thy Holy Will, to accept for love of Thee the joys and sorrows of this passing life, so that we may one day be united together in heaven for all Eternity. Amen.

The Lorica of Saint Patrick (just a portion included here)

I arise today through God's strength to pilot me; God's might to uphold me, God's wisdom to guide me, God's eye to look before me, God's ear to hear me, God's word to speak for me, God's hand to guard me, God's way to lie before me, God's shield to protect me, God's hosts to save me From snares of the devil, From temptations of vices, From every one who desires me ill, Afar and anear, Alone or in a mulitude.

Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ on my right, Christ on my left, Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down, Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me, Christ in the mouth of every man who speaks of me, Christ in the eye that sees me, Christ in the ear that hears me. I arise today through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity, through a belief in the Threeness, Through a confession of the Oneness of the Creator of creation

Friendship Quotes

  • When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.
  • Could we see when and where we are to meet again, we would be more tender when we bid our friends good-bye.
  • To be capable of steady friendship or lasting love, are the two greatest proofs, not only of goodness of heart, but of strength of mind.
  • The finest kind of friendship is between people who expect a great deal of each other but never ask it.
  • Never shall I forget the times I spent with you; continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours

No comments: