Sunday, November 30, 2008

Finally....

I have finally found some free time to write on this blog again. Things have been very busy and crazy the last few months.

Summer went very fast. The best part of our summer was a sort of spur of the moment trip to Corolla, NC in the Outer Banks. We decided in late July that the 5 of us needed to get out of Butler and just have fun and relax with each other. I was fortunate enough to find a great house at a great price on the soundside of Corolla. I was a bit unsure of staying soundside, but once we got there I realized how great the soundside turned out to be. Our house was in a development so we got to do a lot of walking in the evening and ended each night with great views of the sunsets over the sound. We also got to spend some time with Rodney's sister Terri and her family at their Raleigh house (on the way to the beach) and in Richmond, VA on the way back. Terri works 4 days a week in Richmond and has an apartment there. We were amazed at how much Richmond has changed and developed. It's a beautiful area.

School started in late August. Emily is in 4th grade and Caitlin is in kindergarten. We decided that Michaela was not ready yet for 3 year old pre-school so she won't go until next year. She just turned 3 on August 1.

I am amazed at how busy our lives are now that Caitlin is in kindergarten. Even though she was in pre-school the last 2 years, it's just a different world once they get into kindergarten.

Emily is playing piano, taking gymnastics and swimming at the Y. She will now take a break from swimming and gymnastics since basketball has started. Emily is also on the school newspaper writing and taking pictures. Her favorite subject in school is science.

Caitlin is in gymnastics and swimming also at the Y. She has really taken to swimming and has progressed through the levels very quickly. I am amazed at how fast she can swim her laps in the 25 meter pool and even more amazed that she is barely winded when she completes them. She likes kindergarten and seems to really enjoy math and journal drawing/writing.

Michaela is growing leaps and bounds. She is still getting into things and driving us crazy. Her last great mess was the night she drew smiley faces and designs with A & D ointment on the carpet in her room. We are still working on getting those stains out! She enjoys doing little art projects with me, taking long walks, being read to and her favorite movie is Shrek. I think she has finally broke through the Barney stranglehold.

Rodney and I are busy with work--what else? We've also assumed almost all of the responsibilities for our Moms' affairs and that keeps us very busy as well. I have been working on my Master's in Curriculum and Instruction through Clarion University. I've decided that I am taking a break from that until things get a bit less crazy around here. I have 3 more classes left plus 2 more that involved doing a research project.

Our house is STILL on the market. Hopefully it will sell soon!

No comments: